Saturday, August 6, 2011

First posting

My name is Mariah and I'm 17 years old.  I love doing crafts!  My favorites are crocheting, sewing, building things, and I'm just now learning to knit!  I've been crocheting since the age of 11 or 12.  While decorating the Christmas tree one year, my mom decided to teach me how to do chains and single crochets.  So I began to crochet my first afghan in just single crochets and it ended up being huge because I used scraps yarns of all different fibers and weights.  I ended up teaching myself how to double, shell, and other crochet stitches.  It wasn't until a couple years ago that I made my first attempt at crocheting clothing.  The first attempt was actually pretty successful besides the fact that I was supposed to use cotton thread rather than worsted weight acrylic.  But now that I know how different weights and fibers of yarn with react when crocheted, my more recent items have been more successful.  I have yet to crochet any clothing with thread yet because it's so expensive!  
Anywho, in this blog I will be posting the different things I make and also items I have up for sale on Etsy and Madeitmyself.  
I hope my blog will be interesting to somebody out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment