Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Raspberry dress

My mom had bought a bunch of the Simply Soft raspberry to make a blanket, but decided she didn't want to.  So I bought it from her and began making a few things with it.  One of which is this dress I crocheted a little while before last Christmas.  I did it using tight shells.  This is a project where the Simply Soft actually work well for something as large as a dress.  I think it probably worked out so well because the dress was too tight and short when I first finished it, but after a washing or two, it fit perfectly!  And it still looks great with a cute pair of black mary janes!  I think I need to make another, with a few alterations, out of cotton or wool so that I can write down a pattern.  It's the kind of dress that I've always loved but have never been able to find one at Goodwill that fits me.
Well, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment